GA Telesis Difference
gates – Traineeship Program
Have you ever considered the exciting career of an aviation mechanic? GA Telesis Engine Services Oy (GATES) offers a fantastic opportunity to start a career with us in this exciting role specializing in the overhaul of jet engines.
GATES Traineeship Program is a paid, six month program, which enables you to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work on the jet engines being overhauled and maintained by GATES. After successful completion of the program, a trainee will be offered a permanent position as a GATES Jet Engine Mechanic.
The Traineeship curriculum consists of two weeks of classroom training and twenty-two weeks of On the Job Training (OJT). During the program trainees, will have the opportunity to experience all the steps of the GATES production system.
All training courses and OJT are provided by industry experienced instructors who will share their expertise and best practices.
- Traineeship salary is in accordance with the IAU Collective Labour Agreement salary grade 6.
- There are three intakes per year in January and September with six students per intake. We keep the right to change the intake schedule.
- Location: Finland, Vantaa, the facility of MRO GA Telesis Engine Services Oy based in Helsinki Airport.
- There is no age limit to take part in the GATES Traineeship Program.
- Successfully completed vocational school education in a technical area; aircraft mechanic, car mechanic, machine mechanic or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum grade of 3 to a maximum of 5 from vocational school
- Good Finnish and English language skills
- Required knowledge, attitude and aptitude
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Obtaining valuable industry experience
- Real life work experience on CF6 and CFM56 engines
- A unique opportunity to earn money while learning
- Opportunity to get a permanent position at GATES after successful completion of the Traineeship Program
- Each trainee will receive a Certificate of the GATES Traineeship Program attendance or completion
- Application period is open throughout the year.
- We review applications and conduct interviews two months before the start of the program. At this stage we only contact applicants who have been selected for a face-to-face interview.
- Face-to-face interviews consist of two parts: 1) discussion and 2) an aptitude test where an applicant will perform a practical exercise.
- Final selection is based on total points collected from both parts of the interview.
- We inform applicants about admission one month before the start of the program.
- Do I need to finish vocational school before I apply?
A: You can apply for a Traineeship Program on the final stage of your studies as you can start only after graduation.
- Can I re-apply for the next intakes if I am not selected?
A: Yes, you can.
- Do I need to have Finnish citizenship to apply?
A: To be eligible for the program you need to have a Finnish working permit or citizenship.
- What level of Finnish language do I need?
A: You should be fluent in both spoken and written Finnish.
- Is there an age limit to take part in the GATES Traineeship Program?
A: No age limit.
- Is there is any assistance from the company for accommodations?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer company accommodations. However, in individual cases we can provide help with the accommodation search.
- Is there any assistance from the company for relocation?
A: On a case by case basis, we can offer relocation support.
- How do I know that I am progressing during the Traineeship Program?
A: Every two months we conduct review sessions with trainees to monitor and discuss their overall progress. Review sessions are designed as a two-way open discussion where we provide our trainees feedback on their performance, achievements and areas of development. Trainees also provide feedback to us, share their ideas and concerns if any. Our dedicated Traineeship Program Coordinator interacts with the trainees on an everyday basis and acts as an advisor for them. The coordinator offers guidance, direction and works with the trainee to identify and develop any potential weak areas.
- Is there shift work during the GATES Traineeship Program?
A: Yes, trainees will participate in the normal two-shifts pattern.
- Can I choose which department I want to work in after completing the Traineeship Program?
A: A trainee can inform us about his/her preference. A selection committee will consider the request taking into consideration available open positions, feedback and final assessment report from the Traineeship program.
GA Telesis Engine Services Oy, (GATES)
Turbiinikuja 6 | Vantaa 01530 | Finland