GA Telesis’ Istanbul Team Celebrates 5 Years and Shares their Favorite Places to See in Istanbul!
Now that we know the Top Ten Places to Eat in Istanbul, we’re circling back to check out some must-see destinations. Our team was happy to share their favorite spots and travel suggestions. Since it’s the Istanbul Offices’ 5 year anniversary, it’s only fitting to highlight the top FIVE places to see in Istanbul! Go ahead and bookmark this page – you’ll want to refer to it if you’re ever visiting! Let’s get into it… Here are the Top 5 Places to see in Istanbul:
- Grand Bazaar – Walk down one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the entire world. There are 61 covered streets and more than 4,000 shops to browse. You can purchase an array of souvenirs like ceramics, authentic Turkish coffee, Pashmina, and boundless Turkish treats. Walking down the long streets of this massive market, be sure to take in all the beautiful details on the walls and ceiling. Bright yellow walls covered in stunning ornaments and lights fill the space and set the tone for a fun day of shopping at the Grand Bazaar!
- Spice Bazaar – The Spice Bazaar or Spice Market is a short 15-minute walk from the Grand Bazaar. It is the second most famed enclosed market second to the Grand Bazaar! On your walk over, you’ll have a variety of shops to visit. The aroma of spices and bright, vibrant colors will lead the way into the almost-hidden-entrance. Here you can purchase spices, of course, along with other Turkish delights.
- Topkapi Palace – Eren Derinkok, Regional Sales Director of the Istanbul Team, suggested this gem located in Sultanahmet. Topkapi Palace is the former residence and admin headquarters for Ottoman sultans and is now a large museum attracting history buffs around the globe. This is a great place to learn about the Ottoman culture and palace life while also taking in stunning views!
- Kiz Kulesi – Located off the beautiful coast of the Salacak neighborhood, at the south entrance of the Bosphorus, sits the Kiz Kulesi Tower in Istanbul. In Turkish, the name literally means the “Maiden’s Tower”. This tower was featured in the James Bond film in ’99, “The World Is Not Enough”. You can enjoy 360-degree views of the old city and the Bosphorus while dining at the Kiz Kulesi restaurant.
- Galata Tower – You won’t want to miss this one, as Galata Tower is one of Istanbul’s main attractions. Built in 500 A.D., this tower is among some of the most dominating landmarks of Istanbul. It was originally used as a watchtower for defending the city.
We hope you enjoyed our virtual trip to the top 5 destinations in Istanbul and get to check out some of these places in your future travels. If you have any cool places we should check out, sound off in the comments below!
Güvenli ve Mutlu Yolculuklar (Safe and happy travels friends),
Your GA Telesis Travel Blogger