Wondering where to eat in Nantucket? Don’t worry – check out these places to eat in Nantucket!
Despite the island’s small size, Nantucket is filled with charming and tasty restaurants. From seafood to sandwiches, the restaurants in Nantucket are limitless. There are places to eat in Nantucket for everyone, but here are a few island favorites. Be sure to add these spots to you best places to eat in Nantucket list!
1. The Juice Bar – Looking for a cold, delicious treat to escape the summer heat? Look no further than The Juice Bar. With an extensive variety of ice cream flavors, The Juice Bar has the best ice cream on the island – if you have the patience to wait. The line of eager customers can wrap around the side of the building, with people waiting up to an hour for a delicious ice cream cone. If that doesn’t prove that The Juice Bar belongs on this list of the top places to eat in Nantucket, you’ll have to just try some for yourself.
2. Millie’s – Inspired by the shores of New England and the beaches of Baja California, Millie’s puts a Nantucket spin on a Mexican-inspired menu. With delicious drinks and fantastic food, Millie’s is an island favorite – and is a great place to watch the sunset while enjoying your meal!
3. Downyflake Donuts – Attention donut lovers! This cozy breakfast diner serves freshly-made donuts each day, along with other delicious morning meals. Perfect before a shopping trip in town or a sunny day at the beach.
4. Galley Beach – A fine dining restaurant located on the beach, the Galley Beach offers a refined and delightful menu, along with a beach bar and lounge. Voted best outdoor dining restaurant in 2019, you definitely want to check out this restaurant in Nantucket!
5. Bartlett’s Farm – While Bartlett’s Farm is certainly known for its great selection of farm-grown produce and other grocery store items. The farm also makes incredible sandwiches at their Deli station – Perfect for a “to-go” lunch for a trip to the beach. My recommendation is the breakfast sandwich with a hash brown inside the delicious snack – a total game-changer.
6. Something Natural – A local go-to bakery and sandwich shop, Something Natural offers a wide variety of delicious sandwiches served on freshly-baked bread. You can enjoy your lunch at one of the picturesque picnic benches outside the sandwich shop, or get them to go to enjoy on the beach. Make sure to check out the shop’s teas and fresh baked goods to go with your sandwich!
7. Oath Pizza – Located on the Old Wharf in a tiny shack, Oath Pizza is a small pizza shop that serves amazing customizable pies. This pizza place is a great place for lunch or dinner after a leisurely stroll around the wharf, with a spectacular view of the harbor.
8. Lemon Press – Right off cobblestoned Main Street is Lemon Press, a specialty restaurant dedicated to local and organic ingredients. From the basics, like avocado toast and cold-pressed juices, to new, innovative health-conscious dishes, Lemon Press has a wide variety of delicious dishes to enjoy.
9. Island Kitchen – Another island favorite is The Island Kitchen, which is known for its delicious breakfast and lunch options. The restaurant is housed in a shingled home with a beautiful outdoor seating area, and right next door is the Counter at Island Kitchen, which serves ice cream, coffee, and other treats.
10. The Bean – Locals and tourists alike love The Bean, a relaxed café located downtown. With great
coffee, teas, pastries, sandwiches, and light bites, this coffee shop is the best place to get your daily caffeine fix. Every once in a while, the friendly café serves chocolate-covered coconut macaroons – a delicious treat!
Now that you know the best places to eat in Nantucket make sure to stop by to have a great meal! But don’t feel limited – there are tons of other delicious restaurants in Nantucket Island, so branch out and be sure to try something new!
Safe & happy travels friends,
Emma Braden – People Operations Intern